Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 07:45 PM   #8
jmckean

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Washington
THOR #21321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmckean View Post
Hi! Well, I tried all sorts of commercial hoses with the bayonet on one end and the bayonet mount on the other. But there’s no way to get the bayonet mount in the storage compartment. So I took one 10-ft half of my Silverback hose kit and cut off the bayonet mount end, and kept shortening the hose until it fit in the compartment fully collapsed. It’s fine for a dump hose and in an emergency I have a big rubber gasket I can put in a park sewer port but as I’m only doing short trips for now I rely on the tanks and dump on the way home. Or I could always dump at the park if available.

Just to recap, so what I’m left with is a bayonet on one end (that can attach to the van) and bare hose on the other end, probably about 8 ft long fully stretched out. I think 10ft of a less-premium hose with a bayonet would fit too. The Silverback has a bit heavier wire in the hose so doesn’t compress down as much.

Hope this helps!
Oh and I haven’t seen a water filter like you describe! Sorry.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum