Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 07:56 PM   #24
knucklehead

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwilcox View Post
Looking for a Central Florida business that can provide good recommendations and perform such upgrades to my ACE 29.4. We live in The Villages, Fl. Greatly appreciate any input.
My upgrades on my 2018 Windsport 29m were:

First, Sumo springs in the front

Second, RoadMaster Anti Sway Bar in the rear---now we have two on the rear axle.

Third, new Bilstein shocks.

May put a front stabilizer on but really don't feel it needs that, so will wait.

My main gripe was the coach moved when wind or trucks pasted us. Cornering was OK but MUCH, MUCH improved with these mods.

You can spend as much on these upgrades as you have spent on the RV if your not wise. I did the mods one at a time, then took several trips to see if it needed the sway bar. It did. Then, after two years felt in needed a softer ride. Shocks plus lowering the tire pressure helped and now I'm done spending hard saved $$$$$$$ Bob Trice

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum