Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2020, 01:18 AM   #25
Kona Tom

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #12313
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1859.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	27658

Finally solved. Thank you everyone for your help with this electric water heater problem. I have to say everyone’s input was appreciated, but the recommendation to print the “Atwood Master Heater Manual” and the suggestion to know how to read a multimeter” was invaluable.

I will now say trust the manual. Especially the diagnostic steps. The steps kept leading to a “replace the circuit board” but I ignored that as I had replaced it a few weeks ago while fixing the gas portion of the water heater. Little did I know that when I replaced the board, the electric portion of the water heater stopped working. The new board was flawed. The electric portion of the new board was broken but not the gas. I replaced the new board with a new board and instantly the electric portion now works. Basically I kept ignoring the signs that something was wrong with the circuit board as I had just replaced it earlier. The new board was faulty. Thanks again and trust that “Atwood Master Heater Manual”.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.