Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2020, 04:02 AM   #1
Islandsmith

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34J
State: Washington
THOR #14595
Drained Batteries - Troubleshooting Tips?

I parked our rig a month ago after our last weekend away. I really thought I had turned everything off and flipped the Use/Store switch before leaving it but today when I went out there it was completely dead. I mean DEAD...no coach or chassis power. In the past I've left things for months without any issues as long as the store/use switch is set.

It got too dark before I could investigate but figured I'd ask the brain-trust here as I need to get things figured out before we leave this weekend.

If something in the coach was left on isn't the BIM designed to avoid complete discharge of all batteries? I have The Precision Circuits BIM 160 in my rig. I was sort of surprised that both the Coach and Chassis batteries were drained.

I've got a battery charger set up overnight and will look things over tomorrow to see what might have been left on.

Any brilliant ideas on where to look? I will be doing some research on how to test for parasitic draw I supposed.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.