Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Thread: Drop down bed
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 05:35 AM   #1
richguess

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.2
State: California
THOR #14923
Drop down bed

My ACE 27.2 has the over the driver area electric drop down bed. We use that bed like a class C’s storage area, put our junk and suitcases up there when we arrive at our destination unless it will be occupied. Leaving Borrego Springs, it wouldn’t lift up and made some weird buzzing noises. The bed was off track, and it turned out the motor over the driver area crapped out. I was able to get it disconnected from the bed (sheared off the bolt when I did it), get it raised up semi in position, and drove home. At home we got the bed lowered, found the access panel next to the motor, and removed it. It was toast, tested it with 12v from my battery, took I it apart, etc. I figured I was looking at a 3-4 week wait and a $700 repair bill. I found the motor on Amazon for $45, got new bolts, spliced the wires and BINGO I’m back in business. Good fortune. I don’t know if t’s a common failure, but it’s fixable for low cost.

Rich

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.