Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 05:17 PM   #8
taylorbob1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by gte534j View Post
Why did you get the airlift air springs?
Overall...I wasn't happy with the SUMO's
My intension was to keep the front-end supported (which they do)
But, the SUMO's made the front ride stiffer than when without.
And, since I already had limited side-to-side sway with the Helwig sway bars, the SUMO's didn't perform as I had expected.

If I had known then what I know now.....

Adding the Air Lift 1000 bags really made the difference for me.
The air bags raised the front end about an inch without adding an expensive lift package.
Plus, the air bags cost was under $100 (vs I spent $156 for the front SUMO's + $209 for the rears, and that was a great Amazon price at the time)

The one challenging DIY issue with the air bags is you need to employ a spring compressor as the Air Lift 1000's fit inside the front coil springs. So it's a bit of a job if you want to do it yourself

I opted out of the $150-300 Air Lift auto on-board air compressor. I run the air-fill lines to the front grill, check pressure from time to time, and easily fill with the small 120v air compressor I carry with me. I can plug the compressor into inverter outlets if on the road and not connected to shore-power to fill tires or the air bags.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	652F8782-3066-47BF-9C41-4BC5B7EF7487.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	111.8 KB
ID:	27688   Click image for larger version

Name:	9A37F7DB-F157-4E1F-82D7-E4AA112E5D01.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	114.2 KB
ID:	27689  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum