Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 02:28 PM   #7
jethroa1a

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #18015
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
You have no power coning from your house batteries (duh, I think you know that).

Your USE/STORE switch (latching relay) WAS in the USE position until you switched it to STORE. Now the problem is, there is no power from the house side (where the control power comes from) to put it back in USE, so in STORE it remains until you restore 12 VDC from the house batteries.

There are 3 reasons you may be in this situation:
1 - The house battery bank is dead as a doornail - get a voltmeter and check their voltage - should be over 12.2 VDC.
2 - The 50 Amp DC breaker from the house batteries to the latching relay is tripped and needs to be reset.
3 - There is a wiring problem between the house battery bank and the USE/STORE latching relay.

Good luck with your quest.
1. Tested House Bank, 11.8v. I believe it may not be charging as well
2. I do not see a 50 amp DC breaker any where. There is a breaker panel inside the coach and all breakers I can find are on. Have switched off and on to no avail.
3. Followed all wiring from with to what I believe is a relay and appears in good condition with continuity.

From here I would guess I need to locate the 50 (or 30) amp breaker and or charger. The manual does not state anything about a charger but refers to a converter that may also act was a charger. I do not have an inverter.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.