Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2020, 02:57 PM   #8
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethroa1a View Post
1. Tested House Bank, 11.8v. I believe it may not be charging as well
2. I do not see a 50 amp DC breaker any where. There is a breaker panel inside the coach and all breakers I can find are on. Have switched off and on to no avail.
3. Followed all wiring from with to what I believe is a relay and appears in good condition with continuity.

From here I would guess I need to locate the 50 (or 30) amp breaker and or charger. The manual does not state anything about a charger but refers to a converter that may also act was a charger. I do not have an inverter.
Thanks for the update!
So your house battery bank is dead and apparently you know how to use a voltmeter.
If you have access to a portable charger put it on the house batteries.

Your MH has a Converter/Charger integrated into the breaker/fuse panel. If bad, the converter section can be replaced, but you aren't there yet.

You have a Class C so your house batteries are probably under the steps? And Thor loves to hide that 50 Amp breaker. Sometimes in the battery compartment right next to a battery, sometimes on the outside of the compartment accessible from under the MH, but usually within 3 to 4 feet of the battery. You have to trace the leads from the positive posts of the battery bank looking for something like this:

But the 50 amp one. The 100 amp one goes to your generator for starting. It may have any color buttons or flags.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.