Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 07:59 PM   #14
DogLovers

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Welcome aboard. Unfortunately the RV industry is plagued by new rigs with construction issues. We have all had them. Yes it angers you that you spend so much money on something then drive away and it falls apart or has defective/poor workmanship issues. You can take it back with a list of problems to be repaired/corrected. That will mean you have to do without it until they fix everything. Not all dealers are created equal. Lots of stuff you can fix yourself if you don't want to leave your new rig with a dealer for a long time. Everything will be handled by you, your dealer or the manufacturer so don't get too upset.

The real problem is paying all that money to a dealer to "show you what you're buying for a lot of money." Sorry but that just seems criminal to me. I am looking for a gently used Class A Diesel Pusher and sent out an email to the dealer. Here is what I got back.

""On Sat, Dec 19, 2020 at 10:12 AM <canderson@mountcomfortrv.com> wrote:
Hi Bill, Thank you for your interest in our 2012 Phaeton. It is still available and I can offer you the sale price of $151,863 on this motor home and we charge $899 to prep it. A technician will spend approximately 2 days prepping and testing the motor home prior to you coming to pick it up. It will be clean, full of propane and all of the RV systems will work and be demonstrated to you. We will answer all of your questions and take you for a test drive and offer some driving tips if you like.

I did confirm this is a King size bed. What other questions can I answer for you?

Sincerely,

Chris Anderson
Mt Comfort RV
800-899-6676
Fax (317) 895-6761
Cell-(317)-910-556"""

Gee what a nice guy. For the low low price of $899 they will wash it, make sure nothing is falling off, show everything to me, take my money and send me packing with no warranty at all. I strongly recommend avoiding buying anything from Mount Comfort RV in Greenfield, Indiana. If they will chisel you just to sell it to you, imagine what else they did to the coach to make money off of it. No thanks creepy RV dealer.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.