Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 08:33 PM   #46
aaurbanelli@aol.com

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Texas
THOR #19813
Wear gloves during the while process. Any dump station I've ever seen has fresh water. Bring your own hose for putting flush water into the tanks. To avoid contamination risk, most will have a hose separate from the drinking water hose to do flushing. (I've seen people use the hose at a dump station to clean out their sewer hose by sticking the water hose into the sewer hose!)
After dumping the black tank I close the black valve and add clean water to flush the black tank before emtying the gray. I bought a little water meter mounted on the fill house on Amazon that I use to gauge how much flush water is loaded into the black tank. If the black capacity is 30 gals I'll put 20 into the tank and then reopen the dump valve. It's toilet paper that mucks up your tank and a good strong flush is one way to get it off the bottom and sides of the tank and out.
A scoop of a powder called Happy Camper is the most frequently mentioned additive to black and gray tanks. It's not a harsh chemical. Mix a scoop in a gallon of water and pour into each tank after dumping and flushing. Add an additional 5 gals or so into each tank. It's worked for me to eliminate any odors. I always can smell when someone uses the blue stuff.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum