Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 12:28 AM   #18
Bill Johnson

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylan View Post
My wife and I recently retired and looked forward to getting back into camping. Years ago we started with a tent, then a popup, then a trailer. Now my wife and I bought a Thor Freedom Elite 22FE Class C RV* We were sooo excited to take it on our first trip. Thankfully we only camped 3 miles from home. On that first trip we discovered the following problems.* The RV door won't close and catch unless you slam the door while lifting up on it.* The bottom kitchen drawer under the sink doesn't close unless you shove it with your foot. The sewer valves looked like one was open and one was closed.* We couldn't dump because we didn't know for sure everything was closed to start with. We ended up having two embarrassing spills before we figured* it out.* And now for the big things: The refrigerator won't run on propane.* It works on electric.* The circuit board was bad. Why wasn't this checked before the sale.* The kitchen sink and drain pipes have problems.* The pipe joints under the sink were loose and leaking.* The drain seal also leaked.* Now for the worse thing, the cab over bed area leaks on both sides. You can see the water dripping from the window. Now we face black mold growing in the RV and walls softening from the water draining down them.* All this and I need to mention that the tv is a cheap dumb tv that you can't cast your phone to, and the radio is hard to program, it was bad and had to be replaced. Even the labels on the shower taps were backwards.
Needless to say, we are very unhappy with both the attention to detail in the building of this RV and the condition it was sold to us in. Things were not checked out to see if they were in working order before the sale.* We were also charged over $700 !!! for a cursory run through of how everything was suppose to work.* When buying a new car the salesman does the same thing for free.* Now everything has been corrected but it really soured us on Thor and we have to hold our breath everytime we take it out wondering what will go wrong next.
*I am counting on this forum to help us through the rest of journey.
The door latch is adjustable in 5 minutes but the motorhome must be level first. You only have so many days to report roof leaks. We had a dumb tv in the Jayco we had and replaced it with a Samsung smart tv, they are cheep now. Our class c door was adjusted wrong when we go it so I adjusted it. You have a typical no quality control bild it as fast as you can RV. When you drive it on the highway you will find the steering is possessed and every semi that goes passed you makes the motorhome go all over the road and wanders all over the road. Read the reports here on this forum on how to fix it

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.