Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 12:51 AM   #56
GordSanClemente

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: California
THOR #17673
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaurbanelli@aol.com View Post
After dumping the black tank I close the black valve and add clean water to flush the black tank before emtying the gray. I bought a little water meter mounted on the fill house on Amazon that I use to gauge how much flush water is loaded into the black tank. If the black capacity is 30 gals I'll put 20 into the tank and then reopen the dump valve. It's toilet paper that mucks up your tank and a good strong flush is one way to get it off the bottom and sides of the tank and out.
I want to second this one.

The meter is great, because it gives you confidence that you aren't over filling, and get a decent amount of water in.
I also use the meter when I just want 10-15 gallons in the fresh water tank on the way to a site, so that we have enough for the trip. Keeps us from buying gas to tote 50 gallons when we don't need it, but not to run out if getting stuck somewhere that 10 gallons would be REAL handy.
This is the one I purchased, which is currently unavailable, but if put in the URL it will give you alternatives.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really only do these big flushes when I am at a FHU campsite. I don't want to do the DEEP flush at a dump station. And REALLY AM NOT going to do it if people are waiting.

But I am hardly an expert, so....

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.