Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 11:30 PM   #4
jimmyle1511

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #21089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
I’d look for it at the radio. Ford may use fancy canbus wiring but Axerra certainly doesn’t. There has to be a signal wire that tells your radio to switch on the camera view. Should be printed on the radio chassis or readily available online.
Yup I thought that as well, but apparently they do use canbus, and there is a canbus relay axxera as well. If i would disconnect the can tx/rx going into the axxera, none of trigger would work. And the axxera skipped all the triggers wiring. They do this to save wiring as well easy to troubleshoot i guess.
Ford engine has can low/high whixh going into an axxera relay canbus then signal left/right going into there as well but no reverse, and coming out the relay is can tx/RX port of axxera, that is how they wiring moving forward for newer model i think.

I found a relay number 5 in aux box under power distribution box engine compartment. It controlled the back light reverse, i might tap into it. I still could not find a fuse for the reverse though.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum