Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 10:33 AM   #105
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
I'm really glad that their skill has made you so confident; congratulations!
Do they have enough snow up on Tug Hill for some riding?
What kind of sleds do you have?
We have a couple newer Ski-Doo 4-stroke sleds. My wife has a 2017 TNT 900 and I have a 2016 Blizzard 900 and I have a 21' x 7.5' RNR enclosed aluminum trailer that we use to get them around.

Last week it looked like a big blast of arctic air was coming down around Christmas Eve so that the lake effect snow machine would crank up. When that happens they can get 1 - 2 feet of lake effect snow.... as I am sure you know!

Unfortunately, that front has slowed and now it is going to be 50 on Christmas Eve with 1 - 2" of rain!

Then the cold air will come in and over the weekend places could get anywhere from 6 - 12" or more. Problem is all the snow they have now will get wiped out and it will be a muddy mess after Thursday. Then when the snow falls over the mud and water it will take all that much longer for the ground to freeze.

At the moment things don't look very promising. The Mrs and I are already talking about going back down to Florida for a few weeks to wait and see if old man winter shows up so we can get a couple weeks of riding in.

We are planning to get a VRBO for a week in the UP of Michigan but there is a great hotel in Altmar, NY called the Tailwater Lodge and we like staying there a couple times each winter to ride Tug Hill. Winter just isn't what it used to be. We have only been able to ride over Xmas week once in the past 5 years.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum