Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 02:00 PM   #111
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Keep in mind, as sick as it may be, that the Service Center may not want quality to improve because the current quality level, or lack thereof, keeps the service center employed.

A Tiffin owner I knew about 6 or 7 years ago was told that very statement in Red Bay when he took his new Allegra in for warranty service.

That Service Center is pretty busy with non-warranty service as well and their rates are less than any dealer out there. I met a few different people last year who used them for service out of warranty.

I'd bet they could stay busy and even if there are some improvements in production quality because there will always be warranty claims.

If there are any repairs I could not do myself, I think I would take it there versus General RV. It takes me a little over 2 hours to get to General RV and it takes me about 5 1/2 to Wakarusa. Depending on how the coach does in the upcoming season, I may even consider taking it there at the end of the season so they can put it through their Rain Booth to see if there are any leaks that need fixed as well as anything else. I would gladly pay them (especially since their hourly rate is cheaper) given my experience there now after two visits.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum