Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2020, 05:33 PM   #15
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
My valve was very touchy.
A fifteen degree turn{from one o'clock to two oclock) one way or the other foils the whole system in mine. It goes from perfect to cold at almost the slightest turn....
Just an FYI... this may be impacting your unit.... or not.

When I was at the Thor Service Center this week, the Girard Tankless Heater came up when they showed me how they sealed my unit up to prevent water intrusion. They showed me a small metal strainer / filter that Girard installs on the water inlet of the unit that can negatively impact flow; especially if it catches some debris.

Thor is now removing this screen because the water system already has a filter system that should catch anything larger.

Now most of us know that construction debris can be in the plumbing. I could see where some of that could get caught by the metal strainer and impact flow through the unit.

Here is the picture of the strainer in the Girard schematics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 12.34.19 PM.png
Views:	47
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	27798  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum