Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2020, 06:32 PM   #14
cavie

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by erlynd View Post
Thanks for all who replied. I have only 1 GFCI breaker and it is in the bathroom. I took the outside outlet off and discovered 2 loose wires. Put them under the screws provided and all is well. Did find another outlet in the bedroom with an intermittent connection so I used wire nuts to bypass it and will replace when I get home. Tightened all the connections in my electrical panel as suggested by another thread and all seems to be good. Thanks to all and have a very Merry Christmas.
FYI. The outlet in the bathroom is called a "GFI Outlet". GFI breakers are found in the main breaker box. They have a yellow test button. These are usually found in High-end MH's.

Yours has a 15 amp breaker that controls the GFI outlet. GFI outlets do not trip on overload. Only .5 or greater mili-amp leakage. The breaker does the overload tripping. There are 4 to 5 standard outlets downstream of the bathroom master outlet. All controlled by the bath GFI. Hope this helps you understand how they work.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum