Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2020, 01:47 AM   #45
PokeyD

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #14983
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWS50 View Post
We purchased a 2020 Challenger 37FH. LOVE the floor plan! Some advice ... The Camping World we purchased from has had no training on the coach. They are really trying hard to work out the kinks but are not even close and we purchased in July 2019 and this is 23 Sept 2019.

Make sure where ever you buy one you have them set up the Axxera Map system BEFORE you leave the place! There is a sticker that doesn't always peal off correctly for the only code that works with the Axxera Map system. You need to download an Axxera Nav App on your smart device and connect it with a cable to the space in the dash that has 2 USB ports and the top one is the NAV one. You will lose your device to the map system by the way. So get a very long USB cord. The code under the sticker is THE only one that works with the NAV system in your coach and you have to put it in when you set up your smart phone app or you can't go back and put it in! You will need a new user name and password to do that if you don't do it first. The cost for the NAV after you set it up and get your 30 days free (Camping world knew nothing about this and Thor told me I needed a NAV card ... both were wrong) There is a QR code or a little box that my iPhone 8+ Camera was only able to read after I wet the sticker to make it dark enough. After about 3 days of several calls to Thor and Axxera Radio both of which were not totally clued into what to do as the first guy I talked to at Axxera said I was already activated because I had a user name and password. WRONG! Without entering the code that comes with the coach ... you are not activated! So I got my coach back from warranty work after 18 days and by then the Axxera 30 day trial was up so I paid the $79.99 so I could test this out. But since I didn't have the code in, the radio didn't work. So when I got to Carlos at Axxera he had the same problems with the sticker I did so he told me to wet it and the QR code got dark enough to be read by my iPhone 8+ camera. I did finally get the code and get it working ... but only about 15 minutes of NAVing down the road it wanted me to connect the already connected device! So I had to shut it all down and start over and it still said the same thing and would not work!! So after days of this frustration I was ready to do the first line maintenance with a hammer! Carlos at Axxera didn't know who was paid so he didn't know where to get my money back. And the problem was the $79.99 was under my old user name and password and there was no way to put the code into that old user name. So I created a new one put the code in and got 30 days of trial free! But since it didn't work anyway I discovered that iTunes is where the payment of $79.99 went. I went online to get a refund from iTunes and it said they were not authorized to refund it! ( I found out tonight if I had called iTunes it would have been refunded.) So I had to dispute the charge with American Express and got satisfaction.

One slide seal keeps coming off in 2 places but that is the work of Camping World.

All the screws around the 8 lights on the front of the coach (headlight stack etc have the silver bezel around them.) I had to open the engine cover to get to them. It turns out all the bolts on the screws are so loose that all but 2 came off the passenger's side! There is no lock washers or lock nuts so they just come loose and fall off ... or they were never there to start with! The driver's side were all less than hand tight but still on so I was able to tighten them up. Thor is supposed to be sending me the nuts and washers. But I am going to get my own and do it right. Also one of the fog lights doesn't work and one is just flopping around.

The firefly control head had a line in it but they replaced that when I was at a camp ground and the jacks would not come up. Thor had me check the engine compartment for a 100 amp fuse and another one just like it in the battery compartment but they were good. Turns out there are 4 screws you take out on the dash and you have to get some electrical grease. Then you unplug it and grease it up and plug it back in and presto it works! I recommend that on all your towing connections as well. (I just learned that) The jack problem only caused a 5 hour delay. But between the two mechanics and myself we got the Firefly back in and they told me it was already programed to my coach. It was up to a point. All the little pads around the coach that are very handy are all Blue toothed to the FireFly control head. Those guys left and NONE of the handy pads around coach worked. So I started pressing buttons in setup on the FireFly and found out how to connect them. It was very easy and I got them all working one at a time but the FireFly system guides you through it and it is very easy.

We LOVE the floor plan and the storage is unbelievably huge inside and out!

I got Snap Pads for the jacks

https://rvsnappad.com/

I highly recommend them as you don't have to get under the coach anymore.

The coach is in for sway bars front and back.
I am going to get a track bar as my wife said the tail wags a lot.
I am also considering Sumo Springs. Here is a good site for suspension upgrades.

We can't wait for all this to be installed and get on the road. We can't go full time as we are taking care of a 94 year old WWII Hero. My wife is an only child and this is her father. He was a Pilot in command of a B-17 at 19 years old and a retired Air Force LTC. He even flew in Viet Nam!

I am also considering the 5 star tuner for the engine if it doesn't void the warranty.

This is our first coach and there is a big learning curve. But we love this floor plan and I can't find another one that has this much room no matter diesel or gas. I hope this was helpful.
Hello;

I have a 2020 37fh too. I also love my motorhome! That being said I am a widow and I am alone (except for 2 large dogs) and don’t have the knowledge base to solve electrical issues or winterizing and de-winterizing. Would you be willing to share any links you find with me? Anything would be appreciated. My email; pokeydoane@gmail.com. Thank you!!!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.