Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Furnace: Noise
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2020, 05:26 PM   #18
Sdkim

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger 37FH
State: California
THOR #19539
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Brauer View Post
I've have two distinct furnace noises. The blower running, tolerable. The furnace housing sheet metal vibrating when the burner is on - intolerable.

I removed the panel from inside the coach to access the furnace. When the burner is on the furnace sheet metal housing vibrates, creating the annoying sound. Putting my hand on the panel dampens the sound. So I'm looking for a stick on vibration dampening material to attach to the vibrating furnace panel.

Sorbothane is one of several manufacturer of dampening materials. However, the panel does get hot during operation so I will reach out to Sorbothane next year for recommendations on heat and flammability suitability.

One more complaint added to the growing list of manufacturing fails by Thor on my XG32. Love the Ford side though.
Thank you!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum