Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2020, 12:20 PM   #9
atreis

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Ohio
THOR #20900
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry899 View Post
I have the 22E and there is only room for 1 more battery, unless you make a modify the tray, like taylorbob1 mentioned.

You didn't say how many solar panels you want to use, but there is not much room on the roof as the 22E is only 24'. Maybe 3 or 4- 100 watt panels.
My current trailer is only 19 feet on the roof (21 foot box at the longest point) and the usual roof penetrations. I have 320 watts up there and could definitely get twice that without any real effort and probably 3 times that with careful planning. With some thought and planning I seriously doubt that roof space would be a critical factor unless going for a REALLY big array.

Larger panels (150, 200 watt panels) cost less per watt than 100 watt panels and reduce the number of mount points. Also, the panels don't all have to be the same size (watts). If wiring parallel, they should be the same voltage. If wiring series, both watts and voltage can be different. If going for more than a couple hundred watts, consider putting in an MPPT charge controller and wiring the panels in series instead of parallel (or for a very large array, groups of panels wired parallel with the groups connected in series) in order to reduce the wire size requirements and improve efficiency.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.