Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 04:33 AM   #9
tuchmybuttercups

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Michigan
THOR #21624
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRvs666 View Post
The local Costco had a Coleman 100w with mounting kit and 8.5 amp controller for $99.00. I want to add at least one more battery and maybe two. The battery tray in the XG32 will take 4 batteries. I can buy a new controller for about $25 so can I just replace the one in the doorway? This is all new to me. I don't know what a MPPT or PWM controller are and what that means.

Watch this. Up to 8:22 covers the "meat" of the system. The rest you will need, but don't need to know the details at this point.

After watching it, watch it again. And again. And then watch other videos talking about the same stuff.

Electricity is weird, and dangerous if you don't know what you're doing. If you're going to 'solo' it, I strongly recommend having a knowledgeable eye check your work before and after.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.