Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 04:09 PM   #21
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
And that is nothing more than pure speculation based on no facts what so ever.

That statement is as factual as the one that says after the virus all workers will be back in the office and teleworking will come to an end.

In both situations, it's not gonna happen.

Doesn’t “speculation” involve a lot of guessing and risk taking by definition, particularly when applied to investing or trying to make money by timing markets?

I would speculate that affect on RV prices will be in middle between your position and taylorbob1’s. I do believe a lot of new Covid owners will be dissatisfied with the RV life and will try to unload their motorhomes and trailers, but many won’t be able to when they realize how upside down they are on their loans.

Also, while there may be a lot of first-time owners who want to get out of RVing next year, as a total number of RV owners, they are still a small number, so I don’t expect them to move the needle much anyway. Other factors we can’t even predict at this time may have larger affect on RV values next year.

What hasn’t been discussed above (at least that I’ve seen) is the impact that the growth in rentals will have. Younger people seem to prefer renting over buying more so than our generation, but the Covid experience may end up slowing the growth in RV rental business. Or not. I can see pros and cons to both sides of the “rental” argument.

I personally delayed buying last year as I had hoped because Covid made it impossible for me to travel (for other reasons), plus my football tailgating season was cancelled. I’m not certain what will happen with Covid before next fall, but if the right compact motorhome comes along at reasonable price, I will buy it to be ready for tailgating and camping next Fall just in case everything gets back to normal. And normal for me goes beyond Covid itself.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum