Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2020, 06:46 PM   #9
Travelin' Texans

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Quote:
Originally Posted by james3342 View Post
Thanks all - I think the solution I may end up with is to mount the tube on the rear bumper. Painted black it will not look awful and will be easily accessible. Not perfect but beats storing a smelly sewer hose inside the RV or having to remove and attach the couplers to the ends of a cheap hose that would be really gross, most likely leak and just be 10x as awful.

I'm just dismayed that Thor built it wrong, let it escape all the quality controls, and hasn't bothered to come up with a solution that all owners can implement. It's a "shrug" and "not our problem - figure it out on your own" type attitude that rubs me the wrong way.
I'd guess they built that storage for the cheapo hose they typically give you with the rv purchase, that one is usually about 10-15' that collapsed is only about 3'.
If you've upgraded to the Rhino hose or something similar they don't collapse much & usually the ends won't fit in the bumper storage on other RVs.
Not to mention that motorhome (more van than motorhome) appears to be lacking storage for about anything/everything except a couple small adults! Looks like if there's 2 inside 1 will need to go outside for the other to change their mind.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.