Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 12:43 AM   #17
John & Diane

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Ohio
THOR #989
After not finding anything behind the batteries I called Thor. After a little research I was informed I don't have a Trombetta as the Battery Control Center handles those functions and it is located in the engine compartment on the drivers side. (up in the corner). The Thor tech asked if my interior lights were working with the shore power off. I hadn't checked but he said if I didn't the first thing I should check was the wiring in the Battery compartment since the house batteries only showed 12.1 volts with my meter. I mentioned to him I noticed the stud on the frame for the ground connections looked very rusty. Sure enough, no shore power, no lights! cleaned up the ground connections and the lights came on. When I restored the shore power the converter started charging all the batteries again. Hopefully that was the only issue.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum