Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 06:31 PM   #2
Beau388

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey&Reina View Post
We have a 2018 Windsport 31s and we are getting that loud banging noise when we run the water pump.

I have researched this issue and found a couple of possible causes for this but I don’t know where to start. As such, I am wondering if anyone who has fixed this problem can tell me what fixed the problem for them so I know where to start. My understanding is these are the most likely fixes:

· Mousepad under Pump Motor
· Wrap Pipes
· Rebuild and/or Outright Replace Pump Motor (Keep old as spare)

Also, can someone tell me where exactly the pump motor is located. Last thing, we noticed after an hour or two if we leave the pump on when we are not actively using any water, we hear some light banging noise. This concerns me because it sounds to me like I have a leak. Does anyone else encounter this?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
The fresh water pump is below the false floor under the kitchen sink. There is an inspection panel with screws at the four corners that allows for a pump replacement. The entire false floor can be removed by prying it up, carefully bending it and sliding back and up against the back wall. The two water lines run in the above floor chase back to the outside sink and water heater. They are not tired down or insulated. It is easy to buy some foam pipe insulation and insulate both pipes against floor and walls of the chase to cushion the vibration. You can slide the insulation down to under the shower by removing the propane furnace beauty cover. You can access the other end of the pipes by removing the water heater access panel under the bedroom dressing table (under the TV) and adding more pipe insulation under the shower to lessen the vibration there.

There is a one way valve in the water pump head. Over time it can develop a leak letting water drain back into the fresh water tank. There are three options if that bothers you: replace the pump. replace just the pump head or install a check valve between the tank and the pump. I used a well water pump "foot valve".
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.