Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-30-2020, 09:46 PM   #23
tuchmybuttercups

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Michigan
THOR #21624
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I remember all of the Toyota Sell a Thon commercials

I have only been deeply involved with RVs 2 years. Prior to that all we did was go to lakes with our boats and tents. I use to complain about the $5 gate fee

I had rented the 40' Fleetwood diesels and I learned then that I did not want anything that big. I still have white knuckes. I want to say I got something like 3.5 miles to gallon

Anyhoo.... Am I allowed to put a floor mat in my F-53? If so, anyone knows who makes them or will it take me having to cut up some carpet?

I'm unfamiliar with the flooring construction of a F-53 but it sounds like you have vinyl flooring. It's designed to stay in the vehicle and not be taken in/out like a mat.
To see if your vehicle can receive mats: Look for the retainer post pictured in the link below. If they are there, you will find two of them located in the footwell area, closer to the seat than the pedals. If not there, then that vehicle is not designed to receive floor mats. The retainers are there to secure the mat and reduce the chance of it moving around and coming in contact with the pedals.
The posts aren't offered on vinyl floors. The friction between the mat and vinyl is low, so in the chance that the mat becomes disengaged from the retainer post, the mat has a much easier time sliding around than on carpet, and this increases the chance of it coming in contact with the pedals.

https://www.tascaparts.com/oem-parts...hoCQjQQAvD_BwE

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum