Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 12:08 AM   #23
JimC

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak 22GOC
State: Kansas
THOR #18675
1. "Lithium batteries fit anywhere inside the house you want to put them."
2. "I have the 22E and there is only room for 1 more battery, unless you make a modify the tray, like taylorbob1 mentioned.
3. "You didn't say how many solar panels you want to use, but there is not much room on the roof as the 22E is only 24'. Maybe 3 or 4- 100 watt panels."

1. Thor says Lithium batteries are incompatable with the shore power DC converter, Solar controller, and the wiring for the vehicle charging system.
2. I have the 22GO[Chevy]. The only real difference in the coach is that I have an oven where you have a drawer. I installed one additional 12v battery under the step. I suggest that you get a sealed no-maint. battery because it is difficult to check the water level in the last two cells in the second battery. I am toying with the idea of adding two more batteries as mentioned above.
3. I was told by Thor Customer service that the Go-Power solar controller that came with my coach can only handle one 100W panel. You may want to check.
4. I mounted one rigid 100W Renogy solar panel to my roof on C-channel rails. Thor can email you a diagram of the aluminum coach frame structure with dimensions if you call them. It is easiest to measure from the forward edge of the rearmost roof vent frame.
5. Using battery power, I have run my refrigerator, hot water heater, and furnace all night, with the TV, antenna, ceiling lights and DVD player from about 5:30 to 10:30PM, without problems. The TV and DVD are powered by a 1500/3000W inverter I installed.
JC

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum