Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 02:33 AM   #8
Sang Froid

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane
State: Idaho
THOR #18218
Converter or fuse?

Good evening Ted,

I figured it out and am totally embarrassed to say how.

I spent most of the day under my RV following cables to the front, to the generator, and back to the converter and DC panels. I went through everything in the front, just about broke my back looking under and behind the dashboard, and was seriously considering taking the dashboard off to look behind it at things I could not see.

I took another look at the manual for the generator and saw the owner's manual for the RV and decided to carefully read through the troubleshooting which wasn't very long. I was looking for something along the lines of what you mentioned - The control switch is commonly called a USE/STORE switch, a Salesman Switch, or a Battery Disconnect Switch.

BAM! It hit me like an anvil dropping in my head. BATTERY STORAGE CONTROL!! I was sitting on the outdoor step and turned around and looked inside right above the steps on the left and saw this attached photo. I've known about it since I bought this RV but I never put this RV in storage and never had a reason to disconnect it. I have no idea how the right switch got pushed to disconnect. I jumped up pushed the right switch to connect, went to the front, and hit the generator start and BAM it worked!

Sorry to have wasted a lot of your time but I did learn a lot from you. Thank you very much.

I'm afraid to ask for help with the jacks control but that can wait until the new year.

Happy New Year! I've started on a bottle of wine with a nice dinner of Alaska salmon and mixed vegetables.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6955 copy.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	224.0 KB
ID:	27859  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.