Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 05:10 AM   #4
dkoldman

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Call, Thor and explain what the dealers told you and ask for authorization to use an independent shop or a mobile tech. The one issue I had while traveling was with a slide and Thor authorized a mobile tech. I had to pay up front and Thor reimbursed me for the repair.

Very important, Thor must authorize the use of an independent or mobile tech before you have the repairs done or you will be stuck with the bill.
I follow and agree with the call Thor and explain what dealers told OP, but why not confirm with Thor the amount they would need to reimburse based on the One Dealer that would take the work?

The longer I own a RV the more I can begin to see why some dealers don't wish to work with new customers that do not buy from them. I don't agree with the practice, but just making note of what may be their perspective?

i.e. I think OP was fortunate to be in area of 4 Thor Dealers, but it also implies a lot of sales volume? I think the key here though may have been that the OP was traveling. So for the Dealership, he would NOT be a repeat customer, it is warranty work so it if for minimum to no profit depending upon how complex actual labor is versus standard hours that Thor may reimburse, since he is traveling it is implies work must be done now, which means OP will have to jump the schedule in front of other profitable customers and new honeymooners with brand new RVs purchased from dealerships. Imagine if you have backlog of 20 or so RVs all of customers that bought an RV from you, it would be rare to hear of anyone complaining to get in to Dealer they bought from, the Dealership also has to accept the risk of getting blasted with negatives on social media if OP has any gripe with Thor or complications that may be encountered with the fix.

In a way, lot of peeps buy extended warranties for peace of mind, but the day the mfg warranty ends and with no extended warranty to try to navigate and manage to, life may become simpler for repairs. Just call the mobile ,tech or local repair shop to get it fixed, pay a fair rate and go home about your business
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum