Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 05:47 PM   #452
RV1863

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB
State: Colorado
THOR #2733
Changed out Axxera for Jensen 215 Radio

I know there's been a lot of discussion about radios. I was so frustrated with the Axxera radio that I upgraded to the Jensen 215. At first glance I could not be happier with the upgrade.

Not sure if it was the unit I had, but simply put, the camera image on the Axxera was utterly useless. Could not make heads or tails of the camera feed unless the lighting was just perfect. I assume this was due to the resolution on the screen. The Jensen is way way better, this can not be understated in my mind.

I couldn't toggle back and forth between cameras. The side cameras would only work if the blinker was activated. Your supposed to check your side camera AFTER you decide to tell those around you you intend to change lanes? Problem fixed with the Jensen.

No navigation through the Axxera, problem fixed.

No satellite radio through the Axxera, problem fixed.

Camping World had to attach the existing camera wires into the connectors used for the Jensen as there were no adapters, but they got it done and at the outset anyway, it works great.

I did lose the HDMI feed, but we never utilize that feed anyway. Perhaps there's a better quality Axxera out there, but with my frustration I wasn't going to give that a try.

Anyhoo, thought I'd share my experience.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum