Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 04:51 PM   #4
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanobooboo View Post
Happy New Year!

Looking for options to disconnect the battery in our Ford Edge. We have the Stay in Play braking/light system installed. However, I don't like the battery disconnect installed at the hitch shop. It's wearing on the battery cable connection with the removal/reinstall motion, and I know there are better options. Spotted lots of alternatives, but haven't really found that "aha!" connector. Looking to see what everyone else has done, and if you can post some photos of your solution. Thanks!

If you use this style of disconnect you should check the contact surfaces every now and again for corrosion. Just unscrew and remove the knob. I had a problem with my slide not moving even though I load tested the new battery and had 12.7V everywhere. After MUCH hair pulling and troubleshooting I discovered that this device had just enough corrosion on the contact surfaces to prevent a high draw current. Checking and cleaning is super simple but learn from my trouble! I removed mine and put a small solar system in to just keep everything charged up so even the slow internal discharge is no longer a concern. Eliminated the discharge problem altogether.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum