Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 06:22 PM   #12
DavidEM

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Bob:

I will know a lot more after I see her in person and use it for a few nights. But as I understand how to use the tankless hot water heater that was installed in Axis starting in 2018 you only use the hot water faucet control. You open it wide open and then adjust the temperature using the panel electronic control. If you close the hot water valve somewhat, the hot water heating element shuts down and you get cold water.

Wrapped's suggestion has you opening the hot water valve as above but when you want to cut the water flow but keep it hot, you use the shower miser valve and recirculate the hot water to the fresh water tank. That way the tankless water heater is always seeing full flow.

But I think I will do it the Navy way: turn the hot water on to wet down, off to soap up, and on again to rinse off. The near instant heat feature of the tankless heater should make that doable.

David

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum