Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 10:51 PM   #39
tuchmybuttercups

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Michigan
THOR #21624
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
1. I used 1/4 inch by ~1 1/2 inch brass toilet bowl bolts with washers and locking nuts.
2. 4 6Vs connected with 2 pairs of batteries connected in series, and those pairs connected in parallel, will give you 12V but with greater load capacity than just two 12V batteries. However, the same amount of space will be taken by the 4-6Vs as 4-12Vs which would give you higher total load capacity.
3. On page 1, top left corner, of Thor Owner Resources Spec Document TRF1008-01.PDF, the wood product under the TPO is 2.7mm [=~0.106in=~1/10th in.]LAUAN. Under that is Foam/Frame, and then a ceiling panel of 1/4in vinyl covered wood. The aluminum frame is 1x1.5x0.04in square tubing. I highly suggest that you download this document prior to mounting anything to the roof as it also gives all specs & dimensions on the roof assembly. I used sheet metal screws through the C-channels into the aluminum, with lots of DICOR.

3a. 2.7mm sounds too thin to mount to, or even stand on. Maybe other models are thicker or the "rafters" are spaced closed to each other...

3b. I searched for this document in the Owner's Resource Vehicle Documents, couldn't find anything. I may need to call Thor to obtain.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.