Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 12:32 AM   #30
lspotho

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta
State: California
THOR #3975
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMike View Post
You can check for what the pump is supposed to be delivering. Pumps that deliver bio-diesel are supposed to be labeled as such, although as I understand it a pump can have up to B5 (5%, acceptable to MB) without specific labelling. If there is more than 5% bio then the pump is supposed to specify how much, up to B20 (20%).

That is one of the reasons I chose a Ford diesel since Ford says anything up to B20 is acceptable. As it has been, I almost always see a label telling the user how much bio is in the diesel, mostly saying B5 which means it may be pure diesel or have as much as 5% bio where I live in Arizona and where I generally travel (Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, California, etc). The most bio-diesel I have seen has been, interestingly, in Texas where I would have thought there would be only straight diesel.
My first awareness of the bio-diesel percent was while filling my tank up from 50% full to 100% full, just as we headed up into a nearby national forest for a 2 night stay. The pump said "May contain up to 30% Bio Diesel." And the sticker on the vehicle said "Do not use more than 5 (or 10?) % Bio..." I just made sure, for the next couple of fill-ups, to look for the local 5% stations...

Dan

PS - We are in CA, of course.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum