Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 12:50 PM   #105
Jimbo56

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Well after reading all this I’m going to crawl under mine and see how the hitch is attached to the frame. Don’t tank I’ve got frame extensions but I want to know for sure. And in searching for specs, RV Trader says my A27 has a GVWR of 16000 lbs. GCWR of 24000 lbs. With a hitch rated for 8000 lbs. I’ve is V10. He 2021 on what is supposed to be a beefier chassis with the new V8 shows 23000 as GCWR. Makes me go hmmmm..... I had everything loaded on my trailer (with brakes) and scaled as just shy of 3800 lbs. I’ll never go over 5000 as I wouldn’t want to push the limit. My old Ford F-350 Dually was acted at 21400 lbs. Doesn’t mean I ever towed that much. One guy in some of these failures looked like he was pulling a 10,000 lb trailer with an Axis. Just because the hitch fits the receiver and the trailer hooks up doesn’t mean you should.

As Duckie so aptly states, intelligence is often overlooked.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum