Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 08:01 PM   #38
The_Breeze

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 31L
State: Florida
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPM1979 View Post
My view was looking to hopefully make the installation (wiring) easier. I agree keeping the batteries and inverter being close together for voltage drop is better, but can be minimized with proper cables. I suspect running the new 120 runs from the water tank back to the bed will be a PITA. While I have not worked behind the sink\shower myself it looks pretty messy. It also appears getting the wires from behind the shower to under the bed will be an issue due to the storage compartment, unless you are planning on going through there. Good luck. I'll keep following your progress as I'm interested in how you get the wires through there and how much space there is. A project I would like to do is getting a heat run behind the shower and all the way to the other side of the bed for those spring\fall outings here in Michigan! Happy New year
I agree, it could be a PITA but, no pain no gain. There is a channel that runs against the side wall between the shower wall and bed base. It's positioned at an angle to form a triangle between the floor and side wall. The base doesn't move. The mattress base slides along it on metal rails. That channel is not very big so I don't think a heat duct of any considerable size will fit.

As mentioned, the only place I get lost is behind the fridge/heater. I sure don't want to be tearing out the undercarriage for this. I'll drill a couple of holes in the floor and run the 120's through conduit if I have to and clamp that to the frame. I'm determined this beast won't beat me

And Happy New Year to you as well.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.