Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 11:56 PM   #20
Oneilkeys

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetreak View Post
I got a call from my local Thor dealer today and got the news that a 2021 AWD Compass had been delivered that morning. I made arrangements to see it and was able to spend 45 minutes looking it over and talking to the salesperson.

The rig I saw is a 23TE (Murphy bed) in the "Home Collection" interior.
In no particular order:
  • The rig feels spacious with the slide out and had a light, airy feel to it
  • The interior ceiling felt "far away" and not too low to me.
  • There are a lot of lights in the coach, so it should be well-lit at night.
  • All the cabinets had uniform gaps and reliable opening and closing.
  • The bathroom is nicely sized and the shower was spacious (I'm 6"1" and 270#)
  • The TV looks huge rising out of the cabinet next to the door!
  • The door into the coach has a strunt at the bottom that limited opening to ~90 deg. No extra piece to put in place, drop, forget at a campsite, Etc!
  • The couch was comfortable for the 20 minutes I sat on it.
  • The round cover for the sink is lightweight and easy to pick up and remove.
  • The microwave under the counter seemed very low to me.
  • The refrigerator was a decent size.
  • There is plenty of room at the foot of the bed when it's down.
  • The battery box under the steps still has room in it with the stock Group 31.
  • The addition of the physical buttons under the screen on the "Rapid Camp" means you can control lights and things without the touch screen.
  • The dump valves have their own lighted area, can be accessed easily and the compartment has a floor (important for winter camping).

In the short time I had, I did not get all my questions answered and I did not drive the rig. I may go down tomorrow to check it out a bit more.

I did not talk price with the salesperson, so I still wonder if anyone is able to actually buy one for ~$80k.
MHSRV has them listed at $79.9 and they have 29 of them - so you should be able to find one for around $80K.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A2B3D930-EAD4-4123-8C8D-5D5777BFF6A9.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	142.0 KB
ID:	27917  

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum