Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2021, 08:08 PM   #17
CTRvs666

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I have not but agree that the Magnitude tows very well. I tow a Spyder on an Aluma 210 trailer at times and a Jeep Wrangler four down other times and you hardly know they are back there.

I believe the 2020 Omni / Magnitudes had a GCWR of 35,000 and the 2021's are now rated at 40000... even though both years are still rated at 19,500 for GVWR.

Given the chassis is extended and customized for the coach to some extent, you probably want to take it to a shop that specializes in hitches to make sure it gets attached properly to the frame.

Given the weight of the coach itself and it usually getting close to the GVWR rating when fully loaded, I would consider beefing up the suspension a bit. A track bar may be in order as well as bigger springs. I think the rear sway bar is pretty stout and not sure if anyone make one that is heavier.

I installed Sumo Springs on mine to help soften the ride a bit on rough roads. That might help a little.
Judge, do you have a link or a previous post about the sumo springs? Sounds interesting to me for my XG32.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.