Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 12:00 AM   #12
CTRvs666

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Magnitude XG32 4x4,
State: Utah
THOR #19682
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
Wow We drove through that same area on Saturday coming back from Utah. Saw a few traffic accidents and idiot people driving in and out of heavy traffic around the Cajon Summit down to the 215.

Paul
Utah has an 80MPH speed limit on the I-15. That includes trucks and RVs and it doesn't slow down for the passes either. If you set your cruise at 86 they will never look at you. So they mainly ticket at 90+ but if you use Waze you will see them way before you get on them. I run my Magnitude at 75 and everyone blows past me. I will do 80 on the flats and then my mileage drops to 9.1 on the computer. If I slow down to 75 I get 9.5 and if I'm don't have the TOAD I get a bit over 10. So the mpg isn't much of an issue its just safety out here on these passes and such. The fleet trucks with 65 to 70 mph speed limiters cause a lot of jams too.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.