Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 05:23 PM   #9
EA37TS
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
That TCO calculation is highly dependent on fuel & electricity prices. In my case I still have the time-of-day rates I used for the Focus Electric. Thus running on electricity only costs me next to nothing if I charge overnight (which the car is programmed to do; $0.035/kWh vs $0.14/kWh in the daytime).

Interesting: my C-Max is also 3800 lbs (200-300 lbs more than my Focus and my wife's Escape). I would expect the hybrid versions to not weigh in as much due to the smaller battery. The C-Max body must be lighter than the Fusion/MKZ body. (I'd also expect the MKZ to be heavier than the Fusion simply because its a Lincoln: heavier seats, thicker glass, that moon roof alone weighs more than a sheet of metal, etc.)
I believe the TCO numbers also include another factor not often realized. The Lincolns come from the factory with 24 months of complimentary service so for the first two years there are no service related costs for the owner of an MKZ.

As to the weight, based on the 2016 Towing Guide I have, and Ford's website, the weight of the Energi versions of the CMax and Fusion are approx. 250 pounds heavier than the Hybrid version so the additional batteries do become a factor for towing. Not sure how accurate the numbers are but the towing guide has the CMAX Energi's approx. curb weight at 3899 and the Fusion Energi at 3913. The Hybrid versions are 3640 and 3639 respectively. If those numbers are accurate I wonder why the Fusion Engergi is heavier than the CMAX yet the CMAX Hybrid is 1 pound heavier than the Fusion.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum