Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2021, 11:45 PM   #34
Edensob

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 24TF Compass / Mercedes
State: New York
THOR #17969
There are a lot of Pro - Con reasons for extending your warranty and it boils down to a lot of your personal knowledge and abilities once the warranty expires. A year ago I ventured into our first MH a Compass 24TF on a Mercedes. I consider myself pretty knowledgeable and handy from both a technical point of view as well as my mechanical ability in many trade areas. Even after doing what I thought was a good pre-delivery inspection (PDI), I now realize I was a long way from where I should have been. Most of it was because I learned so much in this forum long after taking possession. Long story short, I still decided to purchase an extended warranty mainly because I wanted the security in a manufacturing industry I am marginally familiar, and to know that if my health deteriorated my wife would have some help getting things repaired if I was no longer able or around. I have done a lot of troubleshooting and made some repairs and improvements (personalizing) over the year, and still had to have warranty items handled. So my recommendation is to consider your circumstances and then do your homework before pulling the trigger.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum