Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2016, 08:11 PM   #5
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by fortsmithman View Post
I don't own it yet. I am looking at buying, I've narrowed it down to the 22E, another model from Coachmen, and 2 models from Pleasure-Way The main thing I am looking for is the vehicle can not have a slideout. A solar panel would be nice.
Are you looking at Class B (vans) or Class C in the PleasureWay line?

Of all the motorhomes we looked at during the Houston RV Show last week, the one that stood out the most by far to both of us was the new 2016 PleasureWay Plateau XL TD. It wasn't a good fit for us but the quality and design just felt and looked better than anything else in the small motorhome segment.

Workmanship was excellent, and for it's compact size (under 23-feet) it felt open -- actually seemed roomy considering it doesn't have a slide.

I think what made it different is that PleasureWay uses van design concepts on these small motorhomes so they end up with a spacious "small" floorplan, rather than crowding more into it and ending up with tight living quarters. Obviously they sacrifice some storage space, but to me that's well worth it for the extra elbow room. I've said before it's too bad Thor doesn't create at least one touring Axis/Vegas floorplan using same ideology of "less can be more".

We were told it was the only Plateau XL TD thus far making the show circuit, built on Mercedes Sprinter diesel chassis, and the price reflected features like two lithium 100 Amp-Hour house batteries and solar panel (can't recall size but was small -- no more than 300 watts). These are features you don't see in most coaches of this cost.

Anyway, I'm just curious which PleasureWay models you've been looking at. They seem to be doing something that I like although I'm not entirely sure what that is.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.