Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 12:43 PM   #45
Carlmattson12@gmail.com

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Colorado
THOR #21338
Slide Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by witthuus View Post
Hello Everybody,
just bought our frist RV ever - a 2019 Freedom Traveller A30

Picked it up in Buffalo, NY 2 days ago from a private seller and drove down to VA. Upon pick up the awning and the slide out did not work. Seller said it's probably due to being iced.

Back in VA and temperatures in the 60's today, the awning is working just fine. The slide out starts mowing just a little bit and then stops. I don't want to try it too many times as I am afraid, I could damage the motor.

Does anybody have an idea, what the problem could be ? Thank you so much
I have 2015 Thor 31W with a full wall slide. It started binding in the 2 nd year. It would start out and then the rear motor would slow down and stop. If I braced myself against the bathroom wall and pushed while my wife was on the switch, it would keep going and extend. To get it back in I would have to push on the outside while my wife was on the switch. The last time it required 2 men and a woman to get it back in. NOW he is at Camping World- they are replacing the track system to the tune of $4500. Make sure that you buy a Warranty / Service Agreement as this is an expensive fix.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum