Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Power steering
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 04:55 PM   #7
Panman

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #21753
Quote:
Originally Posted by groswald View Post
I did a little Google research and found this behavior occurring in other vehicles. Seems there is a "Transmission Range Sensor" TRS that tells the ECU what gear the tranny is in.

Apparently, it can cause this behavior if it fails. The ECU thinks you are in 5th (or some other forward gear) and moving and provides the right amount of boost (nearly none) for that situation.

Can't say this is your issue, but might be worth looking into. In any case, it sounds like you need to get it into an appropriately equipped Ford service center.

Good luck!

Randy
Hello Griswold!
It was six years ago you posted this Possible solution with power steering. I have the same issue with a 93 Thor P 30 chassis. I change the power steering pump made no difference. I was thinking the power boost may be the problem however, the ECU makes much more sense because I have plenty of power steering when in park. I will check with the dealer see what they say about the location and replacement of the ECU... Hope you are still on board with this site. Thanks, Panman

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum