Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 06:15 PM   #16
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryFolk19 View Post
Judge, yes that works and I've done it.
For others that still don't understand this THOR model. The only way to use the lights as an indicator is to shut the circuit to the convert off. If the lights stay on the solenoid is in "use" position and if lights turn off its in "store" position as Judge said, again only talking about what happens when shore power is connected because everything is useable as soon as you connect the shore power cable, you don't have to push anything to get things working. you do not need to "what some are calling the use/store switch push it" but if you don't you will kill your battery over time due to the few things that use the battery side. Hoop number #3

So back to my question has anyone figured a way to attach an indicator light to the disconnect solenoid to determine it's position? I have not found the wiring of that solenoid yet so not sure if it is even possible.
Yes, it has been done. There is a thread from last year as I recall where they changed the wiring connections between the converter and latching relay essentially permanently tieing together the converter and house batteries on one side and the DC load buss on the other side so the light only lite if the DC buss had power by closing the latching relay. Unfortunately my search foo is not strong enough to find that thread. Maybe someone else can remember more details on it?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.