Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 11:53 PM   #5
Judge

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
hi i only see 1 valve sticking out of the rear tires. oly the outter tire. Where is theinner tire value? How do i know what size to order and does amazon have these things?
i looked at this link Crossfire - Dual Dynamics above. Do not understand ??
The way a dually setup works is the inside rim is basically put on backwards or better said..... inside out. As a result the valve stem is somewhat hidden. There are different valve extenders in different angles..... 45, 90, 180 degrees based on the location of the stock valve stem.

The Crossfire system connects both valve stems together with braided stainless steel lines and a special valve that keeps the pressure balanced between the two tires.

When you set the pressure of your tires and you use a TPMS, you will often see the inside and outside tire pressures change unequally. One tire can become 5psi or more higher than the other. The Crossfire valve releases the higher pressure in one tire to the tire with the lower pressure and keeps them balanced.

They are sold based on a target pressure of your rear tires. For example, I have a Super V with 19.5" tires and the recommended tire pressure is 110PSI. I purchased the Crossfire setup rated for 110psi.

You can purchase them on Amazon and other sites. If you use a TPMS, they also offer a version where you can still install your sensors with the system.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.