Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 02:50 AM   #12
Chance

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
Here ya go. My math....As I thought I had read. I had thought the 12v battery times the 100ah = 120 x 2 = 240. I am new at this thus the questions and I am sure you are correct... bad brain day..LOL

My reply was based on what I read below/?
This is the online version I used :The key is to use the watts you know to calculate the amps at the battery voltage . For example, say you want to run a 250 watt 110VAC light bulb from an inverter for 5 hours. Amp-hours (at 12 volts) = watt-hours / 12 volts = 1470 / 12 = 122.5 amp-hours.

Thanks for the info on the generator. Our use will be small other than some LED lights and possible, TV for a bit. My concern was the heater fan and the fridge till the generator kicks back on.

Be well
Your math is off.

100 Ah X 12 Volt = 1,200 Watt-hours (per battery)

2 batteries is therefore 2,400 Watt-hours

Useable capacity at 50% state of charge:

2,400 X 0.50 = 1,200 Watt hours

Large residential refrigerators use “about” 2,000 Watt-hours daily (in a house setting where it’s cool), so your two batteries will need charging multiple times per day. The more you use other electrical loads, the more often you’ll need to charge the two batteries.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.