Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 06:09 PM   #15
16ACE27
Site Team

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
Thanks, I a bit misled now as below was my response much earlier in the thread and I was told I was incorrect with my math?

post #15----Thanks...Good feedback. Where as I have 2-12v at 100 I believe I have 240AH. Being a year old I guess I would be in good shape for 1/2 the time. That is adequate for our needs. Also if the fridge only runs on occasion, we watch i tv or use our computers we should be fine for a good night sleep.

I want to ask which one is correct my first one stating how you did 12v x 100 Amp =1200 x 2 = 2400 ??

I do appreciate your seeing this so I can figure how to do the correct math. LOL

Just a note and I want to thank you for the estimated fridge usage. I will be driving south and dry camping ( harvest Hosts locations) for about 8 to 10hours each night of the 3 day drive. So while traveling batteries will be charges, fridge will be ok as well as my heat. Those are my most important 2 concerns. If the generator only starts one or twice, I think I'll be fine. Your thoughts/

Also I want to thank everyone's feedback. It has surely removed many of my concerns

The problem is you are confusing watt-hrs with amp-hours: Not the same thing. Numbers mean nothing without units.

If you have (2) 12 volt batteries rated at 100 AH each, you have a total of 200 AHs stored energy at 12 volts. But since only half of that is usable, you have 100 AHs of usable energy at 12 volts.

Watt-hours is a measured of the stored energy independent of the applied voltage.
Your same 100 AH battery at 12 volts has 12 volts * 100 AH = 1200 Watt-Hours of stored energy. The watt is a product of voltage times current; 1 volt times 1 amp = 1 watt.

Also, if you don't quote the person you are directing a response to, nobody knows who you are talking to.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum