Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 08:31 PM   #96
Pete'sMH

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
What if Ford's supply plan simply involves "repatriating" catalytic converters sitting unused on RVs that are in storage lots??

It’d be nice but apparently it just doesn’t work that way. The Ford dealers I’ve been haunting are nice as they can be and very sympathetic. Just can’t get them. They blame COVID and the holidays and note that it’s both unusual and probably temporary. It’s pretty easy to find “universal” converters from China. They run only about $300 but I have no idea how well they work and the install would have to be custom welded rather than simple bolt in. Since my coach is only a year old with barely 6000 miles I decided to stay with OE. I’m going to add a product called Catstrap to try to reduce the odds of another theft although I don’t actually have much confidence that it will be effective. Try to hang on to your converters all!

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum