Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Thread: Rust Issues
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2016, 01:30 PM   #5
tnrambler

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #2107
Rust

I had a similar problem with a new RV I bought several years ago. It was driven from the factory in Iowa to the dealer in North Carolina during winter. The salt from roads during that trip caked the bottom of the unit and it was not cleaned prior to sale. I didn't even think about that possibility. About a year later, it was so bad that the brake line rusted in two while I was driving it! Luckily I got to a repair facility safely. Dealer did nothing about it nor did the manufacturer because it was out of warranty. About all you can do is power wash underneath and I used a rust fixative. Not a perfect fix but stopped most of it.

Lesson learned, pay attention to the possibility of salt on a new unit, and if you can, buy a unit that was delivered during warm months.

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.

Thor Motor Coach Forum - Crossroads RV Forum - Redwood RV Forum - Dutchmen Forum - Heartland RV Forum - Keystone RV Forum - Airstream Trailer Forum